Read moreShow less
What are sausages?
Sausage is called a piece of minced meat seasoned with aromatic herbs and different spices (paprika, pepper, garlic, rosemary, thyme, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, etc.) that is introduced ("stuffed") into the skin of pork intestines.
The natural casing is the authentic creator of the great flavor of natural sausages due to its great qualities in curing sausages. Likewise, this form of curing has made it easily preserved for relatively long periods of time.
What kind of sausages are there?
Among many others that exist, we can highlight the following:
- Sobrassada: Made from selected pork meat, seasoned with salt, paprika and black pepper. It is stuffed in casing and presents a slow maturation.
- Fuet: Its base is minced pork, seasoned with garlic and pepper. It does not require a long cure. Its skin is usually white due to the presence of fungi that help its maturation. It is served raw, as a tapa or aperitif.
- Black pudding: It is a sausage based on cooked blood, usually pork. It is usually mixed with pork fat, onion and different spices, in addition, it usually contains some other non-meat ingredient to increase its volume, such as rice, cereals or breadcrumbs.
- Cecina: It is a type of dehydrated meat, similar to ham but made by curing beef, horse meat and less frequently, goat and even rabbit or hare.
- Loin: Made with the meat located in the upper part of the pig, near the backbone (practically free of external fat). It is salted, marinated and stuffed in natural casings and subjected to an appropriate curing time.
- Chorizo: Made from minced pork meat and marinated with spices, of which the paprika is what gives it the reddish tone. The skin is pig intestine.
- Salchichón: For its preparation, lean meat and Iberian pork bacon are used and seasoned with pepper, salt, and other spices such as coriander, nutmeg or cloves, the flavor of the Iberian sausage and its characteristic color is achieved.
Where to buy the best sausage online?
If you want to buy a quality sausage and the best guarantees, don't hesitate. At Casa del Jamón you will find the best sausages on the market, a trustworthy online store.